• Due to renovations to our vault, access to our collections is limited until further notice. Please contact us for more information.

Eagle River Mining Company letter

Guide to the Eagle River Mining Company letter

Collection number: HMC-0900.
Eagle River Mining Company
Mallory, E. Y.
Title: Eagle River Mining Company letter.
Date: 1906.
Volume of collection: 0.02 cubic feet.
Language of materials: Letter is in English.
Collection summary: One piece of correspondence from a president of the company to a superintendent of operations.

Biographical note:
The Eagle River Mining Company was a hard rock gold mining enterprise operating in Eagle River, Alaska, with its main office in Macon, Georgia. Officers of the company were: President E. Y. Mallory, Vice President E. J. Willingham, Second Vice President and resident representative C. D. Mallary, Superintendent B. L. Thane, and Assistant Superintendent J. R. Whipple.

Collection description:
The collection consists of an Eagle River Mining Company letter written on company letterhead and dated March 15, 1906. The typewritten letter was written and signed by President E. Y. Mallory in Macon, Georgia, and addressed to Assistant Superintendent J. R. Whipple in Eagle River. In the letter, Mallory mentions receiving a previous letter from Whipple giving a report of recent operations there, and makes general comments about his hopes that their operations there will improve in the near future. Mallory also writes that he enjoyed Mr. and Mrs. Thane’s visit, and gives his regards to Whipple, his wife, and daughter.

Digitized copies: This collection has not been digitized. For information about obtaining digital copies, please contact Archives and Special Collections.

Rights note: Copyright to this item is not held by the Archives.

Preferred citation: Eagle River Mining Company letter, Archives and Special Collections, Consortium Library, University of Alaska Anchorage.

Acquisition note: This letter was purchased by the Archives at internet auction in 2006.

Processing information: This collection was described by Jeffrey Sinnott in 2006.

Comments are closed.