Guide to the Seward Church of Christ member family photographs
Collection number: HMC-0632.
Creator: Seward Church of Christ member family.
Title: Seward Church of Christ member family photographs.
Volume of collection: 0.2 cubic feet.
Language of materials: Collection materials are in English.
Collection summary: Family photographs of the Seward vicinity.
The creator or collector of these images appears to have been a member of a family that attended the Church of Christ in Seward, Alaska.
The collection contains a xerographic copy of the original album, 239 black and white prints (three are tinted), three post cards, and a Pan American World Airways Alaska flight map and schedule. Subjects of the photographs include various buildings in Seward such as the Church of Christ, the USO building, the Seward Bank Block, and the Cooper’s Landing store. Other subjects include servicemen, family photographs, camping, hunting, fishing, scenery, Seward street scenes, Nellie Lawing (Alaska Nellie), airplanes, ships, and the 1947 Seward kindergarten school class. Subjects of the postcards include the Seward airport road and Columbia Glacier.
Arrangement: The collection materials are in the order in which they were placed in the album.
Digitized copies: 5 images from the collection have been digitized and placed online in the Alaska’s Digital Archives. For information about obtaining digital copies, please contact Archives and Special Collections.
Rights note: Archives does not hold copyright to the images in this collection.
Preferred citation: Seward Church of Christ member family photographs, Archives and Special Collections, Consortium Library, University of Alaska Anchorage.
Acquisition note: The Archives purchased the album at internet auction in 2003.
Processing information: This collection was described by Arlene Schmuland in 2003. The album was disassembled, covers and pages disposed of, and contents arranged by size. The collection guide was updated to meet current standard by Arlene Schmuland in 2017. At that time, the contents were returned to their original order.