Archives and Special Collections can provide copies of materials in our collections. Consult our policies and fee schedules below for more information. If you would like to request copies, please contact us for the appropriate forms.
Conditions of use for copies:
- Reproductions are for one-time use only and may be used only for the use approved by Archives and Special Collection.
- Archives and Special Collections must be contacted for permission before reproductions are used for any other purpose than the approved use.
- Reproduction and commercial use fees may apply.
- Archives and Special Collections may refuse reproduction requests for materials to which we do not own copyright. Limitations on copying/reproducing some records are dictated by law (privacy, copyright, etc.), collection restrictions, institutional regulations, department policy, or the condition of the records.
- Reproductions used in any publication or quoted in any work must include the proper citation provided by Archives and Special Collections.
- If reproductions are published, a copy of the publication must be provided to Archives and Special Collections upon completion.
- Reproductions may not be deposited in any other archives, manuscripts repository, or library or transferred to any other individual or organization
- Digital images made for online use will be limited to low-resolution images at 72 ppi.
- Watermarks may be included on digital images at the discretion of Archives and Special Collections and must not be removed.
Copying of materials for publication or exhibit
Those researchers wishing to publish photographs, audio/visual materials, and other materials from those collections in Archives and Special Collections for which the University of Alaska owns the property rights and/or copyright, must have the written approval of the UAA Archives and Special Collections to do so. All usage of reproduced, copied, or quoted material must use the citation provided by the Archives.
Permission to publish materials from the collections of the University of Alaska Anchorage, Archives and Special Collections Department, when approved, is granted for one-time, nonexclusive use. The person making the request (publisher, editor, or author) shall furnish the University of Alaska Anchorage, Archives and Special Collections Department, without charge, one copy of the publication (book, article, periodical, or TV production, etc.) in which the copied material appears.The University of Alaska Anchorage, Archives and Special Collections Department reserves the right to deny any request if the intended use is contrary to the purpose of our program.
Note: Mailing fees will apply to any hard copy orders (including cd/dvd) not picked up at Archives.
|Paper copies (black & white, legal or letter) from manuscripts, archives, and rare books per page:||$0.50|
|Paper copies (color) per page:||$1.00|
|Copies of larger format items are dependent on cost of outside copy services. Please consult Archives for more information.||Variable|
Scans: Please note that Archives will provide only low-resolution images (under 100 ppi) for any internet use.
|Scanned document*: (up to 150 ppi) delivered as a pdf file per page||$0.50|
|Scanned photograph*: (up to 100 ppi) delivered as a jpg or tiff file||$5.00|
|Scanned photograph or document*: (over 100 ppi) delivered as a jpg or tiff file||$20.00|
|*Scans of original materials larger than 8&1/2X11″ may be subject to additional charges. Please consult the Archives for more information.||Variable|
Scanned images and documents are generally delivered at no charge via a dedicated URL on our website. Scans may be saved to cd. ($3.00 per cd cost)
Audio and Video Copies
|Audio cassette to mp3 (per cassette):||Minimum Charge:
|Reel-to-reel audio copy (cost depends on the length of project)||Minimum Charge:
|VHS to dvd copy, available only for collection materials with a VHS reference duplicate already made (price includes dvds and mailing)||$30.00|
|Other moving image copies: Cost dependent on media type and length of footage. Consult Archives for more information.||Variable|
Shipping, Handling, and Rush Orders
|Mailing and Handling Charges (per mailing: USA and Canada)||$3.00|
|Mailing and Handling Charges (per mailing: International) Consult Archives for more information.||Variable|
|Rush Projects: Some rush projects may result in additional vendor fees, costs that will be passed on to the researcher. Consult Archives for more information.||Variable|
Commercial use fee
Items used for commercial purposes (including printed materials, websites, exhibits, and audiovisual productions) may be subject to a $20.00 commercial use fee.